Hey Ya'll

Hey Everyone! My name is Danielle and I am 17 years old. This is the story of my senior year of high school and details of my future plans. Of course, I have huge dreams that I know I can acheive, but I know I will need to work hard! I plan on going to college next fall at Gannon University to study Physical Therapy. I hope to someday spend a semester in Ireland and eventually do a summer service trip to the African continent. Someday, I will own my own physical therapy clinic and fill its walls with my photography. My biggest dream is to open a dance studio for children with disabilities because I have been a dancer for 15 years and could not imagine my life without my pointe shoes! Besides dancing and photography, I love to cheerlead, play volleyball, golf, read, go camping, and be crazy!

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Finally Time to Relax

Things have started to slow down now that I have gotten adjusted. I have taken up a work study position in the research office at school. There is rarely any work to be done, so I get most of my studying done at my 4 by 3 desk tucked in the corner of our office. I actually am at work now and so far today, I have read 100 pages of a book for my Honors class, wrote a journal entry for Prose Literature, and memorized two pages of notes for biology. Speaking of biology, I took my first exam yesterday. I studied hard all week for it and only got an 84. I guess I cant complain, as the class average for the test was an 81. I decided I should get a head start on studying for the next test, so I'm going to try to read my notes after each class so I wont have to overload.
Right now, I'm enrolled in a night class, Fundamentals of Speech, that runs from 6 PM until 9 PM on Tuesday nights (today is Tuesday.) I get nervous walking home from this class because it is a bit of a distance from my dorm and there have been a few incidents over the past week with people getting followed home. Also, our vacations start on Tuesday nights, so when I want to come home my parents would have to pick me up at 9 and I wouldnt get home until 1 in the morning! And there is a Dave Matthews concert on November 2nd (a Tuesday night) that I wouldn't mind attending, so I decided that after work today, I am going to march over to the registrars office and drop that class. I have a lot of room in my schedule to take it in a different semester, but right now with 19 credits, work, cheerleading, PT club, sport and exercise science club, SAAC, and Honors, it is hard to keep up! By the time 6 o'clock rolls around, I'm EXHAUSTED! Time to get back to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment